May 8, 2010

Wandering Mind


This article tries to help us understand what we lose when we are not concentrating on whatever we are doing. Many students have spent years allowing their minds to wander because they have never applied principles of discipline to their thought life.
Quite often people who cannot seem to concentrate, think they are mentally deficient. However, an inability to concentrate can be the result of years letting the mind to do whatever it wants to do, whenever it wants to do it. A lack of concentration can also be a symptom of vitamin deficiency.
Certain B vitamins enhance concentration, therefore, if you have an inability to concentrate, ask yourself if you are eating right and are nutritionally sound.

Extreme fatigue can also affect concentration. I have found that when I am excessively tired, I will find it difficult to comprehend whatever I am reading.

So many students had difficulty concentrating during their reading period. Reading was difficult for them because concentration and comprehension go hand in hand.

They don’t comprehend what they read. Their eyes scan the words on the page, but their mind do not really understand what is being read.

Often a lack of comprehension is the result of lack of concentration. I know that, for myself, I can read a chapter in the Bible or a book and all. I can go back and read it again, and it all seems new to me because, even though my eyes were scanning the words on the page, my mind had wandered off somewhere else. Because I did not stay focused on what I was doing, I failed to comprehend what I was reading.

Often the real behind lack of comprehension is a lack of attention caused by a wandering mind.

From www.authspot.com

11 comments:

  1. I fully agree! when I have some problems or just think about other things when I'm reading I don't understand everything! but then I go back and try to read again and focus my mind on reading! after that I understand! First think what we should do: want to read or to do homework! without request and volition we can't do anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah this is a serious problem people. Take it seriously. If you wander too much and think about things randomly for no reason then this habit will get fixed in your mind and you may not be able to get rid of it.

    What I usually do every day is that I know the stages of my day, prepare everything and plan everything before I leave my house. And I do it every sngle day. This way I stay more concentrated and focused. Then things work much more better than those days when I used to do the things randomly and without having any good reason or cause for doing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Akmalaka what do you do if your plans fall down?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madina I work out the approximate variables that may affect my plans negatively every time when I plan something. For example, if I want to print out smth in my office at WIUT and if the printer does not work, I have a plan-B which will help me through or I try to do the things in advance in case I have printer problems in the office I will have another day to print it out from another place.

    Anyway everytime when I plan something, I plan realisticly. I try!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time management, huh? Would you mind giving some tips about that? Really, I read about time management, asked some friends who do it and tried to make timetable. Unfortunately it doesn't work. I don't know why, maybe I'm not so strict to own rules. (((((

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm.... interesting!!! OK I will share with some tips and tricks I usually use in my everyday life. But later. Maybe I will write an article about it??? :--)))) So it is all coming up very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe you will post it this Saturday. I will wait with impatient

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will try. I am having problems with my Microsoft. Everytime when I am typing my cursor suddenly jumps back or forth to other lines and that makes me type things slowly and carefully. But when person has an idea he/she needs to type everything very quickly when inspiration is alive. I need to sort this problem out first. It is just killing me really :--((((

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't worry! we will wait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the post

    ReplyDelete

Everybody has an opinion. What is yours?

ShareThis

Blogroll

Cool na? :) Now Learn How to create one by Clicking here