April 24, 2010

Story From My Life


I want to tell you a real story from my life. Let me tell you when and how I started to study English.

I started studying English when I was the first student at lyceum. Before entering the lyceum I didn`t know English well. I only knew some English words and at lyceum examination I did English test by guess-work. Fortunately, I passed the exam.
Then I started studying at lyceum and one day I heard about YEO (Youth Exchange Opportunity) from my English teacher. I asked her what it was and she said that it was a program for high school students from Uzbekistan to study in the U.S. After hearing this I became interested in it. My teacher also said that the program would test excellent students and select five best to send them to U.S. and it requires good English knowledge. She told me about application process and I had to write three essays in English. I contemplated about it and I decided to learn English. I began going to tutor. But, unfortunately I didn`t have much time for preparing and time went rapidly for me.

When a dead-line came, I wrote three essays and sent them to the U.S by e-mail. When I wrote them I was familiar only with seven tenses. I think, that’s why I failed the YEO program. But I wasn`t sad, I was happy. Because, I set my first foot in the way of studying abroad. If I had known that English is important in my life, I would have started learning it much earlier.

By Ahmad Rabbimov


8 comments:

  1. Ahmad very interesting story. You are kind of unbeat ah!!!!!:--))) How long have been learning English?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ít's very interesting story.i'll study on your mistakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Attractive! Better late then never!I think this proverb is suitable in your situation! Can you tell us more aboutYEO ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, yeah Ahmad it is in my opinion stupid program. I also took part in that competition, but I also failed like you. Moreover, you don't send your essays via e-mail, you just give it to American Embassy. In addition, you don't have to know English very well, because host family in US just look in catalogue and they choose which one they want to take. Also after essays there would be another step to America in January. You would have to pass some exam in embassy. After that they would sent you to ... America.

    Anyway it is good that you start learning English after that and also very good essay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it you in Picture?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Doston Ahmad is going to USA on a roller skates this time. Hey by the way where is Ahmad. Hello???? Ahmad??? Ah I guess he is really roller skating all the way to USA this week. :--))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hah))) I agree with you Mr.Akmal!!! =))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello everybod.!!!!Eventually I`m here)))))Sorry I was busy last week,also I had some problems with Net.)But I`ve come back and I`ll continue participate in discussions as well as before.Furthermore I`m going to finish my second essay and I will send it to Akmal aka soon.

    ReplyDelete

Everybody has an opinion. What is yours?

ShareThis

Blogroll

Cool na? :) Now Learn How to create one by Clicking here